PROGRAM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
ABA ROLI seeks a Program Manager to work on its Public Oversight Project in Moscow beginning September 1.
The Public Oversight Project aims to increase the capacity of members of Russian society in five regions to inform themselves and the public about the activities of local government, to use tools such as monitoring, investigation, negotiation, new media and social networking, and report writing to advocate for adoption of the rule of law locally, and to assist in the development of organizational capacity of institutions locally.
In general, the Program Manager implements the goals of the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative to support development of the rule of law in partnership with local organizations, in line with international standards.
The Program Manager’s specific objectives are to help design and develop programs aimed to support the objectives outlined above; to implement programs within the environment of current legal developments and local needs; to plan and coordinate events and other activities involving advocates, local officials, NGOs, students, teachers, professors, experts and others; to organize and develop manuals and other publications; and to act as a liaison between partners in the United States and Russia.
Reports to the Country Director and Deputy Country Director; in some circumstances may report to Directing Attorneys.
Potential to supervise support staff and interns on a project basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft monthly and quarterly reports. Work with staff on monthly and quarterly program reports.
- Liaise with local partner organizations and individuals in various regions to gather information, provide assistance, coordinate, develop and present trainings, dialogues, conferences, and events.
- Seek out experts on topics of importance to local partners to assist with development of seminars and materials of interest to local partners on topics relevant to the project goals.
- Plan and organize workshops, seminars, and trainings in the Russian Federation and abroad, including logistical and travel arrangements.
- Work with other program staff on coordination, development, and editing of training materials, clinical manuals, and other publications.
- Arrange and carry out online meetings and dialogues using video-conferencing and online meeting technology.
- Represent ROLI at meetings with local partners and members of the international community.
- Liaise with funders, including officials from various embassies, in a professional manner.
- Translate and interpret as requested.
- Conduct legal research. Monitor legal developments and report them to the Country Director and all program staff
- Establish and maintain contacts in the Russian legal community and share this information with the ROLI staff on a regular basis. Maintain a current contact list for this purpose.
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced degree
- Fluency in Russian and English
- Proficiency in using various media technologies to form and inform communities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including public speaking skills
- Ability to train others
- Demonstrated commitment to ROLI and its policies and objectives
- Flexibility; able to modify plans and behavior when necessary to meet goals
- Good collaborator; works well in team environment
- Ability to mentor other staff members
- Integrity and adherence to high ethical standards
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Highly organized
- Superior communication skills; keeps coworkers informed of whereabouts, developments in the law and partner developments
- 40 hour work week
- Must travel as necessary for program implementation
- Weekend work and extended hours may be required
CV and cover letter to: email@example.com